The DAA Magnetic Powder Check (US Pat. Pending) is a great addition to any progressive reloading machine. Helping to ensure the quality and safety of your reloaded ammo.
The unique new design uses a high-tech Reed Sensor and a magnet assembled to the plunger Rod, to assess if the charge in the case is of the correct height.
This original design also provides an adjustability option. By bringing the Reed Sensor closer or further from the magnet, you can determine how forgiving the powder checker will be, or how much of a range of variance in the powder level should be acceptable. At its most sensitive, the accepted height variance is about 2mm, which correlates to a powder error of less than +-0.5 grain.
The DAA Magnetic Powder Check includes a replacement short plunger, suitable for use with rifle ammo. When using for rifle, simply replace the plunger, and assemble the steel rod upside down, using the end without the shoe to enter into the small case mouth. Parts included make this suitable to use with all pistol ammo (9mm and up) and for rifle from .223 and larger.
Summary of features and advantages:
- Can be used on all toolheads, does not require a dedicated hole near station.
- Assembles onto any 7/8-14 station
- Provides both an audible AND a visual alarms
- Can be adjusted for sensitivity, to avoid false alarms
- Includes all parts for both rifle and pistol use
- Activates off the rim of the case, so no alarm sound when no brass is present
- Slim and compact design.
- Quality materials. Stainless Steel Rod, with aluminum red anodized die body. Rubber coated glass-fiber reinforced nylon for electronic housing